Make new toys with old clothes using our step by step pattern and tutorial!
Recycle and create memory dinosaurs T-Rex raptor and Pterodactyl plush toys. Cotton, linen, knit, jersey, fleece, or plushy fabrics, it doesn’t matter - this pattern will meet your needs!
Includes a FREE VIDEO TUTORIAL with special detailed close-up videos for tricky parts!
This listing is for a pdf instant download of two dinosaurs sewing patterns: a t-rex and pterodactyl. In this step by step tutorial with complete instructions to create the plush from start to finish with a VIDEO of the complete process, you can choose between a lot of options which gives you a great base to personalize these dino toys by yourself. You can choose between two face options for both animals- option 1 is with craft eyes and option 2 is with felt features. Pterodactyl has sewn in wings and t-rex has button joint arms, and two shapes of spikes. They both sit up on their own.
This project is not recommended for absolute beginners, but the instructions are very detailed along with lots of photos and videos of the complete process. And, I'm just an email away so please don’t hesitate to contact me.
- This is not a finished doll
- This is an Instant Download pdf pattern file that you'll be able to download and print immediately after purchase
- The pattern is full size and included seam allowances.
- SIZE: Finished dinosaurs animals measure: Pterodactyl about 10 inches ( 25 cm)tall .T- rex about 12 inches (30 cm) with spikes
- Language: English.
- Both metric and imperial measurements are included
This 53 pages pattern includes:
- Step-by-step, easy to follow instructions and pattern pieces to make your own dinosaurs memory soft toys: Pterodactyl and T-Rex;
- Two face options for both stuffed animals: option 1 is with craft eyes and option 2 is with felt features;
- Detailed photo tutorial for each step;
- YouTube video tutorial for each step;
- List of supplies;
- Stitch guide;
- Table of content so you can easy navigate through the tutorial;
- You'll be shown a lot of tips and tricks;
- Full-scale pattern pieces - no need for resizing, just print and you're ready to start;
- And much more…
What you need:
- Lightweight woven fusible interfacing if you are using stretchable fabric, or thin fabrics, or lots of different fabrics. If you are using 100% cotton, or non-stretchable fabric, or thick fabric, you don’t need to use interfacing
- PTERODACTYL 24x36 inches (60x91 cm), T-REX 22x42 inches (56x107 cm)– if you are sewing the dinosaur out of the same fabric;
- Stuffing (non-allergenic toy filling, polyfil, wool, etc.);
- You are going to need a strong thread, like heavy nylon upholstery sewing thread;
- 2 x two-hole buttons – 0.7 inches (1.8 cm) (this is optional, you can attach the arms without using buttons as well);
FACE - OPTION 1 :
- 2 x craft safety eyes –0.55 inches (14 mm);
- Scrap of felt (best to use light color);
- Black embroidery thread;
- White felt (best to use wool or wool blend) for teeth when making T-Rex;
FACE - OPTION 2:
- Black, pink and white wool (or wool blend) felt;
- Black embroidery thread;
- Sewing machine;
- Thread to match fabrics;
- Needles for a machine;
- Dressmaker’s scissors;
- Needles for hand sewing;
- Stuffing tools such as a wooden spoon, stinging needle, or chopstick;
- Disappearing ink marker (heat sensitive), chalk, and ruler;
- Seam allowance is ¼” (0, 7 cm) and is already included in the pattern;
Enjoy making your Pterodactyl and T-Rex Dinosaurus Toys!!